October 16, 2010–Stowe Schuss

By:  Porter Haney
October 16, 2010 1:05 pm | Category: Skiing

Teaser time.

Between 12-18 inches up high, heavy and wet all the way. More to come when we’ve got full computer access.

K_C laying ’em parallel.

UPDATE: YO! This has been expanded into a FULL TR. Check it out


  1. efoxx
    wrote on October 16th, 2010 at 2:50 pm  

    Awesome…we hiked Mt. Snow….6 to 8 inches up top….drifts 16 inches deep. good times…about 600 vert of skiing from summit.

  2. Greg
    wrote on October 16th, 2010 at 3:06 pm  

    Awesome!! Got any pics? This storm was fun to watch roll in. Can’t wait to see what happened all over our great northeast mtns.

  3. ed sanborn
    wrote on October 16th, 2010 at 5:02 pm  

    went up to kbase at 10 am and counted 60 cars in the lot. my trusted stanley showed 7 inches at 5 last night in front of the lodge

    • icelanticskier
      wrote on October 16th, 2010 at 7:17 pm  

      s**t, that’s busier than burke on a mid winter pow day when there’s actually good skiing and a base. wow!


  4. Harvey44
    wrote on October 16th, 2010 at 5:56 pm  

    It’s DEJA VU all over again!

  5. natron
    wrote on October 16th, 2010 at 9:48 pm  

    awesome!! so jealous.. won’t get any turns until monday, bringing my rock board and low expectations, gonna be poking around mt.w. or vt somewhere.. I’ll bring a high life for u Greg if I go to Stowe, congrats on getting first turns, per usual..

  6. colin_extreme
    wrote on October 16th, 2010 at 10:10 pm  

    2 feet easy near whiteface summit

    • powhounddd
      wrote on October 16th, 2010 at 11:25 pm  

      confirmed. A hike in the rain to get to snowline made it all the sweeter when I got up there…was still snowing a bit this afternoon up high at WF

    • MadPatSki
      wrote on October 17th, 2010 at 1:09 pm  

      Colin and Powderhounddd.

      Need beta for WF for possible trip on Monday. I’m gathering info now after a hell of a overnight party for my daughter. Worried when they get older. Yikes!!!

      Send me an email at madpatskiAThotmailDOTcom.

  7. Greg
    wrote on October 17th, 2010 at 12:12 am  

    Need. Whiteface. Pics. Srslsy. Email me if you want me to host it on here. I can help you host pics for comments.

    • colin_extreme
      wrote on October 17th, 2010 at 12:29 am  

      we had to stop at 3900′ because it was just too deep and we were booting up with skinny rock skis.. can’t believe I left the guns in the car

      heavy and wet, only marginally better up high

    • colin_extreme
      wrote on October 17th, 2010 at 12:31 am  
    • colin_extreme
      wrote on October 17th, 2010 at 12:33 am  

      embed image not working for me..

  8. EFoxx
    wrote on October 17th, 2010 at 5:34 pm  

    Greg- I’ve got pics from Mt. Snow. Let me know if you guys are interested and I’d gladly send em’ over. Was en route to Killington but we got a late start leaving from our place in East Dover and saw decent accumulation up high. We had plans to head to Pumpkin Fest in Keen, NH and so decided to stay local. Skiing was pretty darn good for October 16. Let’s hope we get a few more of these storms.

    • Greg
      wrote on October 19th, 2010 at 10:56 am  

      sure send them to greg *dot* petrics *at* google’s email services’s name *dot* calm

  9. darmy
    wrote on October 18th, 2010 at 3:57 pm  

    Judge Smails – “Well, we’re waiting!” for an expanded TR… love you guys, keep up the good work!!

Please consider visiting our sponsors.

Leave a Reply

(no login required)

Check for email notifications of new comments (valid email required)        

Next (newer) Post:
Random Post Previous (older) Post:
Stay in touch: Click here to follow us on Twitter. Click here to subscribe for updates to be delivered via RSS. Click here to become a fan on Facebook. Click here to read and share real time weather observations. Learn more over at the account. It's awesome. We promise!